Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools. Ecclesiastes 7:9 Lord Jesus today we pray for protection over the minds of the Algerian people. May they not hold anger and bitterness in their hearts but learn to put stake in God himself.
On Sunday, August 7, a court sentenced Slimani Bouhafs, a 49-year-old Algerian Christian man, to the maximum penalty of five years imprisonment on blasphemy charges. Algerian cybercrime police arrested Slimani Bouhafs on July 31, accusing him of blasphemy against Islam because of a statement he posted on Facebook. According to Middle East Concern, he published a message on social media “about the light of Jesus overcoming the lie of Islam and its Prophet in the Kabylie area.” President Haddad of the Protestant Church of Algeria (EPA) confirmed the sentence.
“... Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them. Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy. But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—some thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times what was sown.” Mark 4:15-20
- Thank you Lord that seeds of Your word are being sown in the lives of more and more Mauritanians.
- Thank you Lord for the stories told, the kindness shown, and prayers answered thus far.
- You are faithful. You are powerful.
- You will have the glory.
- Take the glory that is Yours in Mauritania.
- Direct seed-sowers to plant seeds in good soil. Call out those lives that are good soil, prepared by You from before time began to have eternal impact.
- Awaken hearts, pierce through the darkness, bring about the full harvest of souls that You desire!
... neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow." (1 Corinthians 3:7) May a season of sprouting come about in Mauritania! Lord, make seeds grow! Only You can.
In Your name, Let this be so.
Errachidia, burst into bloom!
Errachidia is a town at a crossroads. Situated in between lush palm valleys, the Middle Atlas mountains, and the road towards the Sahara, it is a transport and trade centre that is populated by around 95,000 Arabic and Tamazight (Berber) speakers.
Being the largest urban hub in an isolated rural area, Errachidia is a town that wields regional influence. May it become influential for the gospel as well.
The video below is a 3 minute “virtual tour” of Errachidia, mostly shot from an aerial angle. As you watch, pray Isaiah 35:1-2 over this land. This is a verse that some workers who loved this city has received almost 10 years ago as a promise from the Lord for this place. His word never returns void.
The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom. it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy. The glory of Lebanon will be given to it, the splendor of Carmel and Sharon; they will see the glory of the Lord, the splendor of our God.
- May the joy of the Lord sweep through this land and its environs, as people come to see His glory and splendor.
- May this land become fruitful spiritually.
- May shouts of joy of His redeemed ones ring out from this town into the mountains, valleys and desert