Pray for the Eastern frontier of Morocco – from the Mediterranean coast through the Rif mountains, down to the Sahara.
This is an isolated and sparsely-populated area that is relatively unreached by the Gospel. Pray for:
- Many to have supernatural encounters with Jesus through dreams, visions, media and divine appointments with believers.
- God to send out labourers for the gospel to this region from within Morocco and elsewhere.
- Seeds of the gospel that have been planted through the last decades to bear much fruit
- The city of Oujda – the largest urban centre in this region; especially for young people who are truth-seekers and are hungry for change
Blessings in the Marketplace
“Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives.” Titus 3:14
Pray for followers of Jesus to receive wisdom and guidance from God to impact the business sector of Morocco.
- May the Lord guide them in doing what is good.
- May the Lord bless each workplace with productivity, dynamic growth, and kingdom fruit.
His Perfect Word
“God’s Word is perfect in every way, how it revived our souls! His laws lead us to truth, and his ways make us wise! His teachings make us joyful and radiate His light, his precepts are so pure! His commands, how they challenge us to keep close to His heart! The revelation-light of His Word makes my spirit shine radiant! Living my life in the Holy fear of God keeps me faithful, and to follow Him keeps me full of life! Nothing He says ever needs to be changed. The rarest treasures of life are found in His truth. That is why I prize God’s Word like others prize the finest gold. Nothing brings the soul such sweetness as seeking his living words.” Psalm 19:7-10 (The Passion Translation)
The Word of God is becoming increasingly accessible to Moroccans, especially through the internet and smart phone apps.
- Pray for those who already have access to the Bible to read, understand and receive it by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for those who have been touched and changed by God’s Word to become effective and fruitful in sharing.
- Pray for the common misconception that “the Bible has been corrupted” to no longer hold sway among the public
- Pray for 2018 to be a year when the living Word of God will touch every village, town and city of Morocco in each of its 12 regions.
This Christmas week, we bless Morocco with the light and love of the Messiah.
May the light of God spread far and wide; carrying the peace and triumph of God’s truth.
May the love of Jesus reach deeply into the hearts and communities; destroying every obstacle that’s hindering full intimacy between the Messiah and His chosen ones.
Advent Week 3: Running Ahead
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame,and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:1-3
Shower prayers over the church in Morocco as brothers and sisters march ahead towards a season of accelerated Kingdom growth.
- A swift and resolute throwing off of sin and “everything that hinders.”
- Unity in our hunger and desire for holiness and Oneness with God
- Strength, courage and perseverance as we run ahead to break new ground for the kingdom
- The Holy Spirit to help us in steadfast and wholehearted adoration of Jesus
- Deep encouragement to flow between brothers and sisters and from the Holy Spirit to each heart
Advent (Week 1): “O Little Town of Bethlehem”
As we sing this familiar carol, may the Holy Spirit help us carry Morocco in our hearts, and bind together our adoration of Emmanuel and our intercession for this land. May the last lines of each verse, in particular, become reality in every little town of Morocco.
O little town of Bethlehem, how still we see thee lie!
Above thy deep and dreamless sleep the silent stars go by.
Yet in thy dark streets shineth the everlasting Light;
The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight.
For Christ is born of Mary, and gathered all above,
While mortals sleep, the angels keep their watch of wondering love.
O morning stars together, proclaim the holy birth,
And praises sing to God the King, and peace to men on earth!
How silently, how silently, the wondrous Gift is giv’n;
So God imparts to human hearts the blessings of His Heav’n.
No ear may hear His coming, but in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive Him still, the dear Christ enters in.
Where children pure and happy pray to the blessèd Child,
Where misery cries out to Thee, Son of the mother mild;
Where charity stands watching and faith holds wide the door,
The dark night wakes, the glory breaks, and Christmas comes once more.
O holy Child of Bethlehem, descend to us, we pray;
Cast out our sin, and enter in, be born in us today.
We hear the Christmas angels the great glad tidings tell;
O come to us, abide with us, our Lord Emmanuel!
From Darkness to Praise
May this passage become the story of many Moroccans: from darkness, to an encounter with the Lord and his rescue, ending in thanksgiving!
Pray for many to cry out to the Lord for the first time. Let there be a wave of “rescue stories” this month, resulting in an exponential increase of praise and thanksgiving to Jesus.
and despised the plans of the Most High. So he subjected them to bitter labor; they stumbled, and there was no one to help.
Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.
He brought them out of darkness, the utter darkness, and broke away their chains.
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron.
As the church in Morocco is gathering strength for the next season of Kingdom growth, pray for God to:
- Take away every obstacle that has been hindering the unity and fellowship among believers
- Pour out His Spirit in greater measure
- Extinguish the enemies arrows (to bring healing, restoration and resolution to problems)
“Mention of Your Name“ by B. & J. Johnson
Lift up the name of Jesus over Morocco. In response to His steadfast devotion to this nation, we sing “… I know everything will change…”
With the grace of the Saviour
With the heart of the Father
You're all we need
With the hands of the Healer
With the power of Your Spirit
You're all we need
At the mention of Your Name
Every chain will break
I know everything will change
Jesus, just the whisper of Your Name
Will silence wind and waves
At the mention of Your Name
You're the Provider
All I've ever needed
Jesus, You supply
Everything You breathe on
Coming back to life
You are my strength
You are my anchor
And You never fail
You are my hope
You will deliver
We Wait For You
May the Lord increase the number and strength of watchmen for Morocco. May they pray in unison:
O LORD, be gracious to us; we wait for you. Be .our arm every morning, our salvation in the time of trouble. At the tumultuous noise peoples flee; when you lift yourself up, nations are scattered, and your spoil is gathered as the caterpillar gathers; as locusts leap, it is leapt upon. The LORD is exalted, for he dwells on high; he will fill Zion with justice and righteousness, and he will be the stability of your times, abundance of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is Zion’s treasure.” Isaiah 33:2-6