The Power of Forgiveness
We all know forgiveness is an important part of our Christian faith, but how do we pray into this theme for Mauritania?
At the end of the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus says these words:
For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
These words talk about forgiveness, about forgiving sins. If we as Christians do not forgive others then God’s Word says: “your Father will not forgive your sins.” All Christians need to take these words of God to heart, and we all need to give forgiveness all the time.
- As we are focused on Mauritania today and we want to pray over the Christians in Mauritania a greater release of forgiveness. Christians need to forgive each other, family members, Mauritanian Muslims, etc.
- Pray that Christians living in Mauritania would be great givers of forgiveness.
- Pray that this power of forgiveness will realize the love of the Father even more in Mauritania.
- Pray that Muslims will learn the power of forgiveness.
- Pray that for Muslims, instead of an eye for an eye, or honor vs. shame, they will see and obey the power of forgiveness in Jesus Christ.