Jesus, we ask for a vision for evangelism to grow among your Church in Morocco. May the Moroccan Church grow in faith and boldness, and desire to share the Good News in their own country. Protect them and lead them.
Father, may your Glory rise, your Kingdom come and your will be done in Libya.(Mt 6:10)
The Power of Forgiveness
We all know forgiveness is an important part of our Christian faith, but how do we pray into this theme for Mauritania?
At the end of the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus says these words:
For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
These words talk about forgiveness, about forgiving sins. If we as Christians do not forgive others then God’s Word says: “your Father will not forgive your sins.” All Christians need to take these words of God to heart, and we all need to give forgiveness all the time.
- As we are focused on Mauritania today and we want to pray over the Christians in Mauritania a greater release of forgiveness. Christians need to forgive each other, family members, Mauritanian Muslims, etc.
- Pray that Christians living in Mauritania would be great givers of forgiveness.
- Pray that this power of forgiveness will realize the love of the Father even more in Mauritania.
- Pray that Muslims will learn the power of forgiveness.
- Pray that for Muslims, instead of an eye for an eye, or honor vs. shame, they will see and obey the power of forgiveness in Jesus Christ.
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Today praise God for amazing testimonies of redemption and salvation in Egypt and the greater muslim world!
When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him and put him to flight [for He will come like a rushing stream which the breath of the Lord drives] (Isa.59:19)
We are all aware of the turmoil that is caused by jihadist/extremist Islamic groups, especially the IS (Iraq and /Syria), Boko Haram (Nigeria), Al Qaeda, and Al-Shabaab (Somalia) and other jihadist terrorist groups in the Middle East.
As Christians we believe that the most effective and powerful thing we can do to bring change and peace in this situation, is to pray for these situations.
A number of organizations decided to set aside 50 hours of non-stop prayer and worship during 25-27 September 2014. This will happen at 4 venues in the Middle East.This is a call on the church globally to join in this time of prayer. We encourage you to pray about the following:
- For Christians to faithfully persevere; for their protection, provision for their basic needs and that they will boldly proclaim Jesus
For the influence of the demonic forces and evil alliances to be broken and destroyed.
- For extremists/jihadists to meet Jesus Christ as their Saviour and as the Prince of Peace. (Percentage wise more radical/jihadist Muslims are coming to the Lord than any other group amongst Muslims.)
- Watch the news and prayerfully ask the Holy Spirit to guide you on how to pray.
May all Tunisian Christians be able to say daily: ‘The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.’ (Ps 18:2)
One generation commends your works to another;
they tell of your mighty acts.
They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty—
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
Would you consider committing to prayer for Algeria? We need prayer warriors to make a difference in this country!
Jesus, we ask for a Church Planting Movement in Mauritania today. Nothing is impossible for you. Please start small groups that will multiply across the nation. Amen!
Listen to this song as you pray for Morocco today. May faith rise up in those who know and follow Jesus in Morocco.
Lord, we bring Libya to your feet and ask that you yourself will touch the lost, broken hearted and those who are imprisoned by religion and wrong thinking. In Jesus name! (Mt 15:30; Is 61:1)