As we pray over Morocco today, we want to seek the Lord for a continued flow of the Good News. As Moroccans come to know the Lord, may they desire to see others come to know Him.
ou have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others. Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. —2 Timothy 2:2-3
- Pray that as Moroccans come to know the Father, Son and Holy Spirit that they would tell others, who will tell others, who will tell others, just like Paul telling Timothy and Timothy telling others, and those others passing it on to still others.
- Pray for the Gospel to spread from one generation of believers to the next generation, to the next generation, etc. Pray that as more disciples are made, Jesus will plant His Church. Pray against Satan’s attack on the church. This is what a discipleship making movement is about.
- Pray believing Moroccans would be able to “endure suffering” just like Paul as they become “good soldiers for Christ Jesus.”
We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. —2 Peter 1:19
Lord Jesus, please shine into all the dark places in Libya today. Show yourself as the Light of the world and turn the dark places into the light of day.
Then the Lord will be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians will know the Lord in that day... —Isaiah 19:21
From the early dawn of Egyptian history it’s very clear that Egyptians are wired for worship. Worship is deeply ingrained into their mindset from worshiping the Pharaohs and different gods to Christianity and then to Islam today. But there’s is ONLY ONE true GOD. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
Cry out to HIM joining so many believers for the past decades. LORD come and make Yourself known to the Egyptians so that they may know YOU.
‘Stand in the ways and see,
And ask for the old paths, where the good way is,
And walk in it;
Then you will find rest for your souls.’
Lord, there are many believers who died for their faith in you in this region in the early centuries. They are now part of the great cloud of witnesses enjoying eternal life. We pray that Tunisians will see and ask for these ancient paths, walk in the Way and find rest for their souls.
As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God! —Psalm 40:17
Holy God we pray we know that we are poor and needy and all we have comes from you. May you bring deliverance to the Algerian people and may many put their trust in You.
“I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me;
I was found by those who did not seek me.
To a nation that did not call on my name,
I said, ‘Here am I, here am I.’
Going before the Father:
Lord, we ask that You reveal Yourself to the nation of Mauritania. Lord they are not seeking You, they are not asking for You, but Lord we are asking on their behalf that You may be found by them. Lord, You are there, You are there, You can be found by them and we are asking that in ever increasing numbers You would be found by the people of Mauritania. May the work of what Your Son did on the cross be found by them. Lord bring repentance that draws them into Your very presence and Kingdom.
Since the Arab Spring, more and more people are expressing disillusionment with Islam. What they see happening around the world in the name of Islam, isn’t what they want either.
The Arab Spring has pointed out that there are masses of Muslim peoples who are disappointed and disillusioned with life. For these masses it is not surprising that they look to Islam, more religion, as their first default to what their hearts desire. God has placed a desire in us for life, truth, healthy relationships, for Him. Satan comes to kill and destroy. Satan is the father of lies.
Disappointment and disillusionment with every day life and with religion is a powerful thing. Pray that God will turn this disillusionment to seeking for Jesus who brings hope and life and freedom. Pray for protection over the young generation, that the might not get tricked into materialism, atheism, addictions etc.
Jeremiah 18:1-12 [below] talks about the rise and fall of nations in the hand of God.
How to pray:
- Pray that in Morocco more and more people will be disappointed and disillusioned with Islam and an Islamic government.
- Pray that Islamic spiritual leaders will express their own disappointment and disillusionment with Islam and that they will do this in humility.
- Pray for a movement away from Islam and toward a relationship with Christ.
God is the potter, may God shape the people of Morocco into beautiful pots that follow Him.
- Pray for the Moroccans to “repent of its evil.” v.8
This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
Then the word of the Lord came to me. He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel. If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it.
“Now therefore say to the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem, ‘This is what the Lord says: Look! I am preparing a disaster for you and devising a plan against you. So turn from your evil ways, each one of you, and reform your ways and your actions.’ But they will reply, ‘It’s no use. We will continue with our own plans; we will all follow the stubbornness of our evil hearts.’” —Jeremiah 18:1-12
Almighty Father, nothing is too difficult of big for you. We ask in Jesus name to remove the hearts of stone in the Libyan people and give them all a new heart of flesh, with your commandments written on it. (Ezekiel 36:26-27)
On May 20th an EgyptAir plane, en route from Paris to Cairo, crashed sadly killing all 66 people on board. Their nationalities were 15 French, 30 Egyptian, 1 British, 1 Belgium, 2 Iraqis, 1 Kuwaiti, 1 Saudi, 1 Sudanese, 1 Chadian, 1 Portuguese, 1 Algerian, 1 Canadian. More details at bbc.com
The stories of the lost ones are heart breaking. Please pray for:
- Holy Spirit condolences to the hurting loved ones. Some left little kids orphaned as both parents died on the plane
- For people to cry out to God in these rough times instead of against HIM
- Godly wisdom for the investigations and subsequent actions
- God’s protection for this nation and this region against all terrorism acts and even that HIS light would shine in the hearts of these terrorists
- This is the 3rd airline related incident in Egypt this year and it’s definitely having a huge toll on the economy as tourism is one of the main pillars of the Egyptian economy supporting round 7 million people
Blessings and thank you for your prayers. They really do make a difference