Mokhtar has followed Jesus since he was a child. Tunisian children learn about the prophets and Islamic teaching in school. When he learned about the Islamic teaching of Jesus, he knew there was something different about Him. He believed that Jesus’ body was the body of a prophet, but inside Him was God. As an adult he received his first Bible. He reads it faithfully and carries it with him everywhere he goes. When he read about baptism, he wanted to be obedient. Since he didn’t know any other believers, he baptized himself. He rejoiced to meet another Tunisian believer who is teaching him about following Jesus. Pray for Mokhtar as he grows more into the image of Christ and as he shares his faith with others.
As Christians start taking prayer seriously in Tunisia, Muslims will hear about this and start coming to Christians for prayer. Muslims will see the power of the Christian’s faith. Pray that Christians living across Tunisia would be praying for Muslims around them. Pray that the Christians would take the power of prayer to the streets and pray over Muslims. Muslims who are hungry to be touched by God will seek out Christians to pray for them. This is all part of a rapid growth of Tunisian Muslims coming to Jesus.
How to pray:
- Pray that Christians would pray for Tunisian Muslims.
- Ask that God would continue to prepare their hearts for the Good News.
- Pray for dreams and visions of Jesus.
- Pray for healings where Tunisian Muslims know it was Jesus who healed them.
- Ask that the Bible will become a greatly honored book in Tunisia.
- Pray for men of peace to come to Jesus.
- Pray for leaders to come to Jesus.
- Pray for repentance of sin and the coming of the His Kingdom.
Reem and her sister both met Jesus in a vision. This encounter gave them a deep desire to learn more about Him. Praise the Lord, He caused them to meet with a Christian who was able to give them a Bible. Through reading God’s Word, Reem decided to put her faith in Jesus Christ. Now she reads the Bible every day and looks for ways she can share the Gospel with her friends and neighbours. Despite persecution from her family, she continues to faithfully follow Jesus.
How can we pray?
- Praise God for this testimony
- Ask God to bring her sister to faith as well
- Ask God that other members of their family will be softened and willing to pursue Jesus to know the Truth about Him
- Pray that God will grow Reem’s faith, knowledge and experience of who He is
- Pray that she will be set free from any spiritual bondages in her life and from her family
- Ask that she will grow in fellowship with other believers
- Pray that a mighty harvest will come across Tunisia in 2015